Shooting wrapped early Friday morning of 10th October 2014. We shot nights. Some lessons were learned, some other things are just obvious.
In no particular order:
1. Your actor will thank you for flying them British Airways (other premium airlines are available).
2. Shooting 24fps will give your DP an extra stop to play with.
3. It's now painfully obvious to me where the delineation of shooting 1st and 2nd unit should be.
4. The Tiny Monster TM26 is amazingly versatile and agile.
5. It's fun playing the monster.
6. Treacle is great for visual effects. Tate & Lyle recommended.
7. A £4 halloween mask from Asda can be lit into a disturbing visual.
8. Art design raises production values as much as any other discipline.
9. White clown facepaint is great for monster make-up.
10. Smoke pellets can be as visually effective as a smoke machine.
Can't wait to sync up and edit this mofo!